Furniture RentalsRent Or Buy Your Furniture?
Why Rent Residential Furniture
It's an important question: Why should you rent furniture? Here is a quick overview, and a full discussion of why renting furniture makes sense for so many people.
A QUICK OVERVIEW
If you need furniture for two years or less, then renting your furniture will help you maintain your standard of living and benefit from substantial savings versus buying. If you plan to stay for three years or more, then you may want to buy your furniture from the very beginning.
Alternatively, many companies also have an "option to buy." This option is useful if you are not certain about your future plans because you may exercise at any time, and recapture most of the money you have paid on a rental basis. This gives you added protection in the event that your plans change from temporary to permanent. Ask your dealer more about this option.
A FULL DISCUSSION OF WHY YOU SHOULD RENT FURNITURE
From time to time, some people who are unfamiliar with the concept of leasing of household furniture, or who feel that the leasing of furniture is a waste of their money because they do not acquire any ownership or equity rights to it. This article is written for the purpose of giving a clear explanation as to why renting or leasing household furniture is economically sound under certain conditions, i.e., limited time-frame need for furniture; immediate delivery; possible changes in requirements, etc
1. Save Money. Why pay a substantially larger amount of money to buy furniture when you have need of it for only a short time? Furniture leasing or renting should cost a small fraction of the money required to buy. In essence, you are only required to pay for the use of the furniture for a short period of time versus acquiring ownership on a capital basis that is practical only for a long-term period of time. In simple language, anyone who needs furniture for a period of time up to approximately two years is much better off in leasing than buying, based upon dollars.
2. Avoid the hassle of new furniture. Furniture purchased today, needed for a short period of time, may be very expensive at the termination of a short-term need. Do you sell the furniture at a substantial loss under a set forced-sale conditions? Do you ship the furniture to another destination at a substantial cost for shipping? Do you know whether or not your new abode, perhaps hundreds or thousands of miles away, will permit you to fit your furniture? What is the likelihood of damage in transit? Will damaged pieces, even though insured, require replacement time that would delay your settling into your new home before settlement could be made?
3. Speed. Usually, dealers are able to make delivery within 48 hours from the time a lease is signed, thus assuring you of quickly settling into your new home.
4. Availability. All of your furniture is available at once, and not slowly trickling in when purchased. Dealers can show you the furniture on the showroom floors, so that you know that it is available for "instant" delivery to you, as needed.
5. Convenience. Disposal of unneeded furniture? Simply notify dealers approximately 30 days prior to the termination of your lease, and they will arrange to pick up the furniture, at your convenience, with no further problems, including work or expense.
6. Budget. Since you select your own furniture in accordance with your needs and taste, you are in full control of setting the budget that you wish to expend for your home furnishings
25% Off Your First Month's Furniture Rental - Cort Furniture Rental
|Home | Alexandria Moving Services | Credit Reports | Movers | Self Storage | One Way Truck Rentals | Furniture Rentals | Moving Boxes | Consolidate Credit Card Debt | Roommates | Renters Insurance | Auto Insurance | Link To Us | Contact Us|
Equal Housing Opportunity